Coconut Oil Helps Cure Alzheimer’s Disease?

February 23, 2012
Thumbnail image for Coconut Oil Helps Cure Alzheimer’s Disease?

Just a quick post about a video I just watched. Mary Newport”s husband started developing Alzheimer’s Disease pretty badly so she started researching everything she could about why it happens. Apparently it has something to do with insulin resistance and the way the brain processes glucose, or in the case of Alzheimer’s Disease, the way [...]

Read the full article →

My Stomach! It Jiggles! Why?

November 16, 2010
Thumbnail image for My Stomach! It Jiggles! Why?

Why does fat go my stomach? There are two types of fat inhabiting your stomach, Visceral and Subcutaneous Fat.  Visceral Fat is the fat that gets packed around your organs and Subcutaneous Fat sits just below your skin. It’s what causes you to jiggle. Stress, overeating, slow metabolism, aging and genetics can cause you to [...]

Read the full article →

Ronald McDonald Assassinated By Big Brother

November 9, 2010
Thumbnail image for Ronald McDonald Assassinated By Big Brother

“San Francisco’s board of supervisors has voted, by a veto-proof margin, to ban most of McDonald’s Happy Meals as they are now served in the restaurants.”

Read the full article →

The Empowered Patient

October 7, 2010
Thumbnail image for The Empowered Patient

Nurses doing unnecessary spinal taps on 2 day old babies, doctors misdiagnosis leading to a preventable kidney transplant, doctors treating you like you are a product on an assembly line rather than a patient. How do you prevent these things BEFORE they happen?

Read the full article →

Vaccines Banned!

October 6, 2010
Thumbnail image for Vaccines Banned!

One of the things I love about Facebook is that you can share information so quickly. That’s how I found out about this little gem. God forbid the government actually let the public know that there may be severe consequences to using the products that they tried to mandate. Does the use of. H1N1 vaccine [...]

Read the full article →

Diet Soda And Weight Gain

July 26, 2010

I found a very nice video on the effects diet soda and the reasons why it causes you to gain weight even though it has zero calories. In short it has to do with the acidity of foods. Foods that convert to acid as opposed to alkaline in your system mess with the minerals in [...]

Read the full article →

2010 Walk Now For Autism Speaks: Chicago

May 12, 2010
Thumbnail image for 2010 Walk Now For Autism Speaks: Chicago

So a good friend of mine is participating in the 2010 Walk Now event for Autism Speaks in Chicago on Saturday, May 15th and I just couldn’t let her sit at only 68% of her donation goal.. So I donated the other 32% she needed If anyone else is feeling generous, please feel free to [...]

Read the full article →

Ammonia And Fast Food / School Lunches

April 29, 2010
Thumbnail image for Ammonia And Fast Food / School Lunches

I’ve talked about fast food a couple of times on this blog. And I’ve noticed that people often find this site by looking for reasons that fast food is bad for you. Well I’ve just found another compelling reason why you should skip the fast food. What is disturbing though is that school lunches have [...]

Read the full article →